Let’s face it sister… there is only so much time in the day. Time is also one of the only finite things in life so when its gone, its gone forever! I had to learn how to delegate tasks to make more time for the things that I truly enjoy in life. At first, some of these are going to be tough to hand off to someone else, but in the long run, you will thank me! Remember, there are certain things that must be done by YOU. No one else can record a podcast episode for me. No one else can show up to work for me… well they could, but I do not think my boss would find that funny. 😊 I pick things that I can have someone help with and that it is not necessary for me to be there. #gamechanger
- Instacart, Kroger Click List, Etc: I remember the first time I told people I didn’t go to the grocery store anymore. “Wow, you millennials are so lazy.” I literally LOL’ed at that because I think the exact opposite. It is a SMART move to order my groceries online. I don’t HAVE to go to the store and plan my day around it. I don’t HAVE to try to get through the market with a toddler in tow and I spend less money because I am not browsing around the aisles. I make my list and I stick to it. Yall, I ordered groceries for Sunday dinner at 1:00 after church and they were at my door before 2:00. Why are you not doing this again?
- Amazon Prime: AKA My sidekick! Forgot sunscreen for Mick to take to school on Monday? No problem. Amazon will have it here in time. Need a new dress for the weekend? Ok, it will be here by tomorrow if I order it within 4 hours. I mean, come on! This is just too easy 😊
- Hire a housekeeper: BEST. DECISION. EVER. We have a bi-weekly housekeeper in Columbus and it was the best feeling to come home to a fresh house that I didn’t have to clean. I know, you are going to say its not in the budget, but there are so many ways to come at this task. Look on TaskRabbit or trade your services for someone to clean your house. Don’t go out to eat for lunch one week and there you have it- the money to buy a clean house. Worth every penny I have ever spent!
- Fiverr: If you are needing a project done, logo made, editing for a show, etc Fiverr has rates as low as $5 an hour. There is everything from people who can help you organize your house, your calendar, and your business. The options and opportunities on Fiverr are endless. For our fellow podcasters out there, I know no one enjoys editing the episodes. Fiverr is a great place to connect with people who can take the load off your back and get you doing more of the things you love about your business.
- Last but not least, my husband: Yep, you read that right! Is Mark going to vacuum or change the light bulbs if I don’t ask? Nope, BUT he will do it if I make a list and let him know that this is what I need help with over the weekend. My parents also pitch in and help grab Mick from school so Mark and I can have date nights. It is all about communicating what you need/want and who in your circle can help you get there. If you don’t live near family, switch babysitting nights with a friend or ask the nursery attendant at church if she babysits. Find someone who can help and take them up on it. No shame in that game, mama!
I hope your wheels are turning about what you can take off your plate to make time for more of the things that you enjoy the most! Let me know what you decide to delegate. I am always looking for more ways to lighten my load. Love and Light!