It’s Fall, Yall! Time to bust back out the crock pot and Pinterest all the recipes! One of my go-to meals for the season is this easy, crock pot Chicken and Dumplings. Hello, beautiful pillows of biscuit dough covered in a creamy sauce. Where have you been all summer? Right?! I love to use this recipe for a family get together or for when you need to run a meal over to a loved one who is a bit under the weather.
This recipe makes enough for 4-6 people and is perfect for picky eaters. I didn’t say it was “healthy” or easy on the waistline, but I will say that it is worth the calories!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 5 hours
You will need:
4 chicken breasts
2 ½ cups of chicken broth
4 tablespoons of butter
1 can of refrigerated biscuits (about 8 large biscuits) *I love to use Pillsbury Southern Biscuits
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
Salt, pepper, garlic salt, and herb seasoning (Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano) to taste
- Put butter, cream of chicken soup into the crock pot and spread across the bottom.
- Season chicken on both sides and place on top of soup mixture.
- Pour chicken broth over to cover the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on high/medium for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, take chicken out and shred. Place back in crock pot.
- Take biscuits and pull apart into 5 parts. Place in crock pot, stir, and cover for 45 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! You could easily add in some veggies like carrots, peas, and celery. But then again, if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it! The next time you have to take a dish to a potluck, give this a whirl! Let me know how you like it!